Dentures – Pearland, TX
An Elegant Tooth Replacement Solution
If you have suffered a degree of tooth loss, you may face a number of daily inconveniences. It might be difficult for you to chew your favorite foods. You may even lack the confidence to smile in social situations. One way to address such issues is via dentures. These removable prosthetics offer an elegant, reliable way to fill in gaps and give you a complete, functional smile. If you are interested in talking to an expert about dentures, contact Maxwello Dental today.
Why Choose Maxwello Dental for Dentures?
- Experienced restorative dentist
- Cost-effective solution for missing teeth
- Natural-looking prosthetics
What Are Dentures?
A denture is a removable prosthetic that consists of a gum-colored base that support a number of artificial teeth. The teeth are usually made of porcelain or acrylic. Dentures are always custom-designed according to a patient’s unique oral anatomy. Dentures have been around for centuries, but in recent decades they have become more natural-looking, comfortable, and durable than ever before.
Types of Dentures
There are two types of traditional dentures:
- A full denture replaces an entire arch of missing teeth. It may be ideal for patients who have already lost all of their natural teeth. Natural suction or a mild adhesive helps a full denture to stay in place.
- A partial denture replaces multiple teeth throughout a dental arch. It fits in around the remaining natural teeth, sort of like a puzzle piece that is crafted to fit in exactly where it is needed. Small metal attachments help a partial denture to stay in place.
Benefits of Dentures
Benefits of dentures include:
- Dentures are cost-effective, and they are usually at least partially covered by insurance.
- The denture process is noninvasive and relatively fast.
- Dentures can enable you to eat most types of food. You may have to take certain precautions when you are enjoying certain foods (for example, you should not use your dentures’ front teeth to tear chunks off of food). However, you will be able to enjoy a robust diet and eat with confidence when you are dining with friends.
Who Is a Candidate or Dentures?
You may be a good candidate for traditional dentures if:
- You have suffered a significant degree of tooth loss.
- You want a cost-effective way to rebuild your smile.
- You are not currently a candidate for implant-supported tooth replacement.
- You have an old set of dentures that no longer fits well, and you would like to replace it with a new prosthetic.
Getting the Most Out of Your Dentures
To care for your dentures and get the most out of them, you should:
- Clean them thoroughly every day. A good cleaning routine prevents bacterial buildup and bad breath.
- Keep them moist when they are not in your mouth. If your dentures stay dry for too long, they may lose their shape.
- Visit us for routine checkups. We will periodically reline your dentures (adjust their fit) and evaluate your oral health. If your dentures ever become uncomfortable, or you have other concerns, contact us so we can give you the help you need to start enjoying your renewed smile again.