Implant-Retained Dentures – Pearland, TX
Bring Back Your Lost Smile
If you, like more than 40 million Americans, are missing all of your teeth, you may find daily tasks like chewing and speaking to be challenging or even downright impossible. Maybe you’ve considered getting dentures, but you’ve heard they can slip around and become uncomfortable after a while. Fortunately, there’s another option. Our dentists here at Maxwello Dental can anchor a full or partial denture onto dental implants for added security. To learn more about how implant-retained dentures in Pearland can bring back your lost smile, contact us today!
How Do Implant-Retained Dentures Work?
Conventional dentures stay in place with natural suction against the gums or a bit of denture adhesive. While they might look natural, they often don’t feel as sturdy or as comfortable as your original pearly whites. By contrast, implant-retained dentures are secured by small titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone. The implants replicate the roots of your lost teeth, ensuring your denture never slides out of place.
Am I A Candidate for Implant-Retained Dentures?
An implant-retained denture may be right for you if:
- You’ve lost most or all of your teeth.
- Your jawbone is strong enough to accommodate dental implants.
- You don’t have gum disease.
- You’re in good overall health and are free of chronic health conditions that could complicate healing.
- You don’t smoke or chew tobacco.
Even if you’re not currently an ideal candidate for dental implants in Pearland, that shouldn’t keep you from scheduling a consultation with us. With a bit of preparatory work and a few extra precautions, you might still be able to rebuild your smile with this truly life-changing treatment.
The Implant-Retained Dentures Procedure
Once you’ve finished any preliminary procedures, like tooth extractions or bone grafting, it’s time to schedule your implant placement surgery. We can perform this minimally invasive procedure right here in our office, saving you the inconvenience of being referred to an unfamiliar outside specialist.
During the surgery, your mouth is numbed, and your implant dentist in Pearland places the posts at strategic locations and angles throughout your jaw. You’ll spend the next few months healing as your jawbone grows around the implants, effectively making them a part of your own anatomy. Once your custom-made denture arrives from the dental lab, you’ll return to our office. We’ll make sure it fits like a glove before securing it onto your implants.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Some of the numerous benefits of implant-retained dentures include:
- Your denture can be either fixed or removable, depending on your personal preference.
- The denture is made with high-quality materials designed to perfectly recreate the appearance of your natural teeth.
- Your biting force will be strong enough to stand up to even the crunchiest and chewiest foods.
- Since the implants strengthen your jawbone, you won’t have to worry about your denture losing its fit over time.
- With proper oral hygiene, your dental implants can last for decades to come.