Dental Crowns – Pearland, TX | Houston, TX
Restore the Appearance and Function of Damaged Teeth
Are you looking to repair a tooth that has been damaged by infection, trauma, or a cavity? When these issues are left untreated, they can cause painful symptoms that make it difficult for you to use your tooth to perform basic tasks like chewing food. At Maxwello Dental, we use high-quality metal-free materials to craft custom restorative crowns that blend right in with the rest of your teeth. They’re individually made for each of our patients for a comfortable fit that offers maximum protection against further damage.
Why Choose Maxwello Dental For Dental Crowns?
- Custom-Crafted Restorations
- Metal-Free Materials Used
- Friendly and Dedicated Team of Professionals
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a custom-made cap that’s crafted to fit over the entire visible portion of your tooth. They can be made from a variety of materials including porcelain and resin, and are created to restore the shape, size, and color of damaged teeth. Because they’re permanently cemented to your natural tooth, they’re able to protect it from harmful oral bacteria and hold it together if it has been severely cracked or fractured.
Why Do I Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns can be used in a variety of situations to restore your oral health and prevent additional problems from occurring down the road. Some instances where a custom crown could be used include:
- Restore the strength of a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy.
- Keep a broken tooth from breaking even more.
- Cover a tooth that has a large filling in it for protection.
- Be placed atop a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- Cover a severely misshapen or discolored tooth.
How Do I Care For My Crown?
Directly after we permanently place your dental crown, you’ll want to avoid chewing on that side of your mouth the first day. It’s also a good idea to stay away from crunchy, hard, and sticky foods that could damage it. Some routine tips to help you get the most out of your restoration include:
- Brush twice each day for two minutes and floss daily.
- Be conscious of the texture of the foods that you’re eating.
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Visit Maxwello Dental every six months for routine checkups and cleanings.