Wisdom Tooth Extractions – Pearland, TX
Quality Care for Adults & Teens
The wisdom teeth are normally the very last ones to come in, and because of this, there usually isn’t a lot of room for them in the mouth. This often causes them to become impacted, or stuck, which can lead to all kinds of problems, including pain, teeth crowding, and even an infection that reaches all the way down to the jawbone. Fortunately, the team at Maxwello Dental & Orthodontics can provide safe and effective wisdom tooth extractions for Houston/Pearland families to save them from having to visit an outside specialist.
Why Choose Maxwello Dental & Orthodontics for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Simple & Surgical Extractions Performed In-House
- Care Provided by On-Staff Dental Specialists
- Patient Comfort is Priority #1
What to Expect During a Wisdom Tooth Extraction
If a patient is experiencing problems due to their wisdom teeth, our team will take X-rays of their mouth and give them an exam to determine whether or not the teeth need to be removed. If they do, the procedure will involve the following steps:
- First, the patient’s mouth will be completely numbed with local anesthetic
- Then, a small incision will be made in the gum tissue surrounding a tooth
- Any bone tissue still encapsulating a tooth will also be removed
- The tooth itself will be extracted, sometimes in pieces
- The treatment site will be closed with self-dissolving sutures
After 3-4 days of minor swelling and bleeding, a patient’s mouth should begin to feel completely normal, and within a week, they will be able to eat whatever they like and resume their regular routine.